Akeneo App for BigCommerce
Build a strong foundation for growth on your BigCommerce platform by integrating it with Akeneo PIM. The Akeneo App for BigCommerce is a premium extension developed, maintained, and supported by Akeneo, the only preferred global PIM partner of BigCommerce.
The Akeneo App for BigCommerce allows you to seamlessly feed high-quality and emotionally resonant product information from your PIM to your eCommerce platform improving your customers' shopping experiences, increasing conversions, and reducing returns. With easy setup and powerful out-of-the-box functionality, anyone can manage it without burdening IT. It's the trusted solution to connect Akeneo PIM and BigCommerce.
Easy Configuration & Set-up
- Easy to use configuration page within Akeneo PIM
- Quick and straightforward set-up
Data Mapping Capabilities
- Map your BigCommerce target data with your PIM data source
- Two types of mapping are available to accommodate for different data structures:
- Simple mapping
- Complex mapping
- Agile mapping for products and product models
Synchronization of Categories, Products & Products Variants
- Seamlessly import categories, products, and product variants, like colors or size variations, from Akeneo PIM to BigCommerce
- Sync images stored in your Akeneo PIM
- Keep your BigCommerce storefront data up-to-date by kicking-off regular syncs
- Real-time updates on the status of your imports
- Identification of potential problems in the import with Error Reporting
- Log descriptions are written to be easy to understand for non-technical users
*Enterprise Edition SaaS compatibility is dependent on the usage of a certain feature set with known limitations. Please reach out to your Account Manager for more information.
Akeneo PIM data/properties
Product structure: attribute types
Identifier More infoAvailable
UUID and SKUs optional More infoAvailable
Price More infoAvailable
Text area More infoAvailable
Number More infoAvailable
Yes-No More infoAvailable
Date More infoAvailable
Measurement More infoAvailable
Simple select More infoAvailable
Multi select More infoAvailable
Image More infoAvailable
File More infoNot available
Table More infoNot available
Asset collection More infoAvailable
Reference entity single link More infoNot available
Reference entity multiple links More infoNot available
Product structure: attribute properties
Simple product (with no variation) More infoAvailable
Enabled/Disabled More infoAvailable
Attribute type as variation axis
Asset structure: attribute type
Asset structure: attribute properties
Reference entity properties More infoNot available
Reference entity structure: attribute type
Reference entity record structure: attribute properties
Reference entity level
Published product More infoNot available
Pre-existing eCommerce data
Capability to manage a pre-existing eCommerce catalogNot available
Multiple eCommerce organizations/websites
Capability to choose which PIM families to import More infoAvailable
Product/Product model filtering
Reference entity mapping
Capability to choose between PIM media attribute (image/file) and/or assets More infoNot available
Asset: capability to manage asset media file (media uploaded in the PIM) More infoNot available
Asset: capability to manage asset media link (media from a CDN/DAM) More infoNot available
Asset: capability to manage multiple image sizes More infoNot available
August, 31st 2022
- Add Multistore management
July, 18th 2022
- Manage Multi-select, Boolean, and Date as custom fields for products.
- Manage Multi-select, Boolean, and Date as custom fields for product models.
June, 28th 2022
- Add Custom fields mapping & synchronization for products.
- Add Custom fields mapping & synchronization for product models.
May, 13th 2022
- Add display type for product variants.
- Add images mapping for product models.
- Add image mapping for product variants.
March, 14th 2022
- Transformation of the Connector into an App
- Add a possibility to choose a destination storefront
February, 15th 2022
New features & bug fixes
- Add a possibility to import product models & variants.
- Add simple mapping for product variants (images are out of scope).
- Fix synchronization history list.
February, 8th 2022
Enhancements & bug fixes
- Add a possibility to import multiple images for each product (Out of Scope: Asset Manager media files)
- Fix error 500 when accessing the mapping page after configuration of the connector.
February, 1st 2022
New features & enhancements
- Add filters to product's imports (enabled/disabled status & completeness).
- Add notification when a job is executed (Execution tab only).
January, 18th 2022
New features, enhancements & bug fixes
- Add warning messages when mapping the mandatory fields via complex mapping.
- Disable configuration and mapping pages when the import is in progress.
- UI changes: transform Filters tab into pop-in.
- Fix configuration saving if the currency is not set up.
- Fix outdated translations files.
- Set up Akeneo & BigCommerce API
- Set up of the Main App configuration
- Simple and complex mapping of the simple products
- Full & differential import of the categories & products
- Jobs history
- Functional logs available directly in the connector
For any remaining questions, please have a look at our Help Center to learn more about the App, and find a handful of tips to configure the settings of your App properly.