Akeneo App from Bynder
Thanks to the application, you can:
- import assets from a Bynder environment to an Akeneo PIM, and get the Bynder metadata
- import data from Akeneo to Bynder.metadata
- link a same asset to many products or product models (using the skus or codes)
The data exchanges use the API of both applications.
In the configuration of the application, you can set some filters to create assets in the right Akeneo asset family. the configuration will be used and send each asset in the corresponding asset family.
The link between the asset and the product can be created thanks to the Akeneo native “Product link rule” feature. With the application you can easily connect a same asset to many products/product models.
Automatically import visuals
The assets in the PIM will be created using only URLs and the binary will be left on Bynder side.
Thanks to this:
- We will display the product images in the PIM product list and product page.
- We will send to the channels the information and the binaries will be still on Bynder CDN.
- You can use the Akeneo Product Link Rules to automatically link an asset to a product : Documentation of the Product Link Rules
More information can be found : here
Asset for many products
If you want to assign a same asset to many different products but the Akeneo native feature is not enough for you, you can use the « Multiple Products Association » feature of the App.
It’s simple :
- In Bynder, fill a metadata with the SKUs you want to associate to your asset
- Let the App link the asset to theses products using the metadata information.
If you need more information, look at this web page : here
Automatically fill Bynder metadata
To enrich the filters into Bynder, you can use the application and configure it so your assets in Bynder will have some information from Akeneo.
You will have the possibility to create new filters into Bynder.
Due to the Akeneo’s cache system and the Bynder URLs not modified when the asset is modified, if a new version of an asset is updated in Bynder, in Akeneo, the thumbnail will not be updated.
1.2 - Management of select into Bynder
- As asked by many clients, you now can import SKU of Product Model Code in a Bynder metadata
- You can use this metadata to easily enrich metadata in Bynder
1.1 - User access
- Users can modify the parameters of the automatic transfer (be careful, it can break everything : "With great power comes great responsibility")
1.0 - First release
- SaaS web console for the configuration of the App
- Creation of asset into Akeneo from Bynder
- Update of Bynder metadata from Akeneo
- Multiple product link for an asset
- Delta mode to do quick and frequent synchornization
- Cron configuration directly from the web console
To have the most up to date documentation, please follow this link : Web documentation