Bynder & Akeneo connector - Enterprise edition
This connector is used to transfer:
- assets from a Bynder environment to an Akeneo PIM
- data from Akeneo to Bynder.
The data exchanges use the API of both applications.
To create assets in the right Akeneo asset family, the configuration will be used and send each asset in the corresponding asset family.
The link between the asset and the product will be created thanks to the Akeneo native “Product link rule” feature. This version of the connector will automatically retrieve information from the DAM and send it to the PIM. It can also be used to get information from Akeneo and send it to Bynder
Automatically import visuals
The assets in the PIM will be created using only URLs and the binary will be left on Bynder side.
Thanks to this:
- We will display the product images in the PIM product list and product page.
- We will send to the channels the information and the binaries will be still on Bynder CDN.
- We will use the Akeneo Product Link Rules to automatically link an asset to a product : Documentation of the Product Link Rules
Asset for many products
If you want to assign a same asset to many different products but the Akeneo native feature is not enough for you, you can use the « Multiple Products Association » feature of the connector.
It’s simple :
- In Bynder, fill a metadata with the SKUs you want to associate to your asset
- Let the connector link the asset to theses products using the metadata information.
Due to the Akeneo’s cache system, if a new version of an asset is updated in Bynder, in Akeneo, the thumbnail will not be updated.
1.1 - User Access
- Users can access to the logs
- Mail alerts can be sent to mailing list
1.0 - First release
- SaaS web console for the configuration of the connector
- Creation of asset into Akeneo from Bynder
- Update of Bynder metadata from Akeneo
- Multiple product link for an asset
- Delta mode to do quick and frequent synchornization
- Cron configuration directly from the web console
To have the most up to date documentation, please follow this link : https://www.dataggo.com/about-dataggo/akeneo-bynder-connector/