TESSA Digital Asset Management for Akeneo
TESSA - The perfect Digital Asset Management Solution for Akeneo
With this Connector Bundle you seamlessly connect Akeneo with the Digital Asset Management solution "TESSA" (https://www.tessa-dam.com). This provides you with a professional and fully integrated DAM solution for Akeneo to centrally store, manage and use all additional files for your products (e.g. images, videos, documents, etc.) in all channels. This connector is compatible with all Akeneo editions – Enterprise, Community, Growth, Cloud Flexibility and Cloud Serenity.
With this combination of TESSA-DAM (for Digital Asset Management) and Akeneo-PIM (for Product Information Management) it is possible to use both systems independently or integrated. Thus, graphic designers, photographers and agencies can work directly in TESSA (without access to Akeneo) to deliver and prepare image and media data. On the other hand, product managers and marketing managers can work directly in Akeneo and link assets (images, productsheets, manuals and videos) to products with just a few mouse clicks. The benefits of both systems are available to everyone, whether you work in TESSA-DAM, Akeneo-PIM, or both.
As the first provider of a fully integrated Digital Asset Management solution for Akeneo, we have the longest experience in dealing with media and products in the Akeneo area. We use this experience to continuously develop TESSA and the connector. We create solutions to constantly improve your daily work with product and media data and to simplify your daily work with your products.
The integration takes place via a new attribute of the type "TESSA CONNECT" directly in Akeneo. This attribute allows you to create new language- and channel-dependent attributes in your product families and thus link any assets to any product.
In addition, the connector automatically exchanges data between TESSA-DAM and Akeneo-PIM in the background. This means that almost all important information from Akeneo can be used in TESSA-DAM. This includes product data, channel formats and attribute settings. All this is necessary to enable a deep integration of both systems and to optimize the user experience.
Expand your possibilities and features with TESSA DAM for Akeneo PIM
After installing and configuring the connector, you can access all functions of your TESSA directly from Akeneo via the integrated Asset Selection dialog. These include the following functions:
- Full text search in all assets (even file contents in PDF and Office documents can be searched)
- Automatic or manual tagging and categorization
- Filter and sort options according to file types and metadata
- Workflows and approval processes for assets and versions
- Team functions such as projects, collections and saved searches
- Automatic file conversion for any definable output channels (e.g. print or web)
- Exports for MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and Adobe PDF
- Commenting and versioning assets
- Sorting of assets by attribute via drag&drop
- Integrations for Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator or Lightroom
- CDN ready for Cloudflare, AWS Cloudfront, Akamai and MS Azure
- media portals for the targeted distribution of all digital assets linked with product data from pim
- File upload via drag&drop
- Fully automated linking of assets and products via rule-based workflows (e.g. based on file name or article number)
- and much more
Take a look at our overview of all features of TESSA-DAM on our product website at
You can find more information on our website or on our Youtube channel.
- Website: https://www.tessa-dam.com
- Videos: https://videos.tessa-dam.com
- Free Demo: https://demo.tessa-dam.com
- EIKONA Media as manufacturer of TESSA-DAM: https://www.eikona-media.de
Contact and Support
Simply contact us to learn more about the integration possibilities and benefits of TESSA. We can also arrange a free web session to show you TESSA live.
- Tel.: +49 (0)9381 71778-0
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Demo: Request a free TESSA and connector demo for 30 days
- Contact: Get in contact
PIM EE compatibility with asset manager
General: DAM assets synchronization with PIM assets
Configuration: PIM asset families to synchronizeAvailable
Synchronization scheduling systemAvailable
Synchronization error notification systemAvailable
Retrying synchronization after failureAvailable
General: DAM assets synchronization with PIM assets
DAM assets media URL synchronization (Asset media link)Available
DAM assets metadata synchronizationAvailable
Image media synchronizationAvailable
Image size managementAvailable
PDF media synchronizationAvailable
Youtube media synchronizationNot available
Vimeo media synchronizationNot available
Other media synchronizationAvailable
PIM Product/asset association management
Configuration: PIM product families to associateNot available
Automatic association via PIM "Product link rule" engineNot available
Association according to the product localeAvailable
Association according to the product channelAvailable
Multi products associationAvailable
"Atmosphere" image management (image synchronization at PIM product model level)Available
PIM CE/GE compatibility
Media binaries synchronization
Capability to manage PIM "File" product attributesAvailable
Capability to manage PIM "Image" product attributesAvailable
Media asset URLs synchronization
Capability to synchronize DAM asset media URLs in a PIM product attributeNot available
Both ways metadata synchronization
Release Notes TESSA and the Connector
Download a complete overview of all versions here.
User guide TESSA and the Connector
Please see the TESSA with Akeneo user guide here.