TranslateMedia STREAM Connector
Simple, powerful features
Akeneo users can easily filter, select and send content to STREAM for translation from within Akeneo's product management interface, and see a product's translation status without leaving Akeneo.
Products sent to STREAM are costed for translation and can be routed through a cost approval process for maximum transparency and up to date budgeting information.
High quality translation and service
TranslateMedia works with only the best professional linguists and conducts rigid quality control of every translation project to deliver high quality translations. A dedicated team of professional linguists will work on your translations coordinated by TranslateMedia's expert account and project managers, to ensure that your brand identity resonates with your customers in every market.
Search for your content using product IDs, categories, or product names and easily track the status of each item’s translations.
Transparent reporting information
STREAM includes a suite of reporting tools allowing you instant access to all your translation costs and other financial information in a single, easy-to-use interface.
No hidden costs or fees
The Akeneo connector is free to use and TranslateMedia charges for content that is translated; there are no project management fees or technology costs.
TranslateMedia is a specialist in translation and cultural adaptation for consumer brands, providing tailored solutions for each client based on its brand personality, business objectives, technical capabilities and budgets.
We work closely with clients to select the right mix of services from copywriting, localisation and transcreation to adaptive neural machine translation – creating custom teams of linguists for specific projects to ensure quality and brand tone-of-voice consistency.
The Akeneo connector provides an efficient interface between Akeneo and TranslateMedia's translation management platform, STREAM.
The connector is installed quickly and easily, and makes use of Akeneo’s Events and REST APIs to manage content delivery and retrieval with maximum efficiency.
- Community Edition 3.0
- Community / Enterprise Edition 4.0
- Community / Enterprise Edition 5.0
- Akeneo Cloud Serenity Mode - The Saas Edition of Akeneo
- Akeneo Cloud Flexibility Mode - The PaaS Edition of Akeneo
- Product fields containing data for translation must be set as localizable
- Source and target languages must be enabled in Akeneo
- Only Products data is currently supported by the connector. Translatable content within Asset, Entity or Table Attribute metadata is not presently supported.
- Only attribute types of Text or Text area can have contents translated
- TranslateMedia’s connector is based on Akeneo’s Events API, which has limitations as described in Akeneo documentation here: The Events API basics
This has some practical implications for the TranslateMedia connector:
- Only 10 products can be sent at a time
- The short timeout means that Products with very large amounts of metadata for translation (such as descriptions) may not have enough time to send via the API
Products are selected for translation within the main Products view.
- First, search for and select the Products that you wish to translate, and then click “BULK ACTIONS” at the bottom of the screen:
- On the next screen select “Edit attribute values”, and then click “NEXT”:
- Under “SELECT ATTRIBUTES”, search for ‘Translation’ and select the attributes:
- Translation submission name
- Translation submitter
- Translation queued
- Translation locales
- Translation due date
- Translation status
- Translation Source Language
Then click ADD
- You can then enter the required information, and click NEXT when complete:
- The next screen asks you to confirm. Click the CONFIRM button to send the products to TranslateMedia for translation.
- You will receive an email confirming that the products have been received in STREAM, along with a link to “View quotation(s)”
- Clicking on “View quotation(s)” takes you to STREAM’s Request Manager, where you can see the task you submitted, broken out per language and file, with a quotation:
You can click on the grey triangles hover-over icon on each request to check details and change the level of translation service required.
Once you are happy with the costs and services set up, you can launch all requests from the “Quick launch all” button. An order confirmation email is sent.
- Translation statuses are shown in the Products view in Akeneo so you can keep track of the translation process*.
*A more detailed progress % is available in STREAM and can be accessed by following the “View quotation(s)” link in the email confirmation, at any time.
- Once translations are completed they will appear in Akeneo with the Translation status “Translated”. The relevant fields in the target locale are automatically updated as soon as the translations are complete:
For further information including setup guide and other information please see the Akeneo connector documentation PDF.