Before getting into the writing of your listing page, you should first know who your target user is.
Let me introduce you to Julia.
Julia is a PIM user in charge of enriching product information: she is the end-user of your extension.
So she needs to have information about your extension on our Akeneo App Store:
- What solution your extension connects to.
- What exactly your extension does, how it works.
- How your extension allows Julia to be more efficient, more productive.
- How your extension helps Julia and her team save time and money.
Julia doesn't need technical information, only your user documentation.
Then there's Peter.
Peter is Julia's IT contact. Peter is often accompanied by an integrator.
Together, they are here to help Julia choose the right extension.
If your extension is a Connector or a Bundle, Peter must know everything about your extension:
- What is the technical architecture of your extension?
- How to install your extension?
- Where will your extension be hosted?
- What are the limits of your extension (in terms of scalability and performance)?
- What support will you provide with your extension?
- Is it possible to download a demo version of your extension to test it?
Peter and his integrator need access to all your technical information.
As you can see, you have 2 target users who are not interested in the same type of information.
Let's see now how to distribute the information of your extension in the different Akeneo App Store extension fields.
Here, indicate the name of your extension.
- We have a 55 character constraint for the title so keep it as short as possible
- It’s not necessary to include your company name in the name of your extension: we will add it in the details of your extension.
- It’s not necessary to add “Akeneo” to your extension name: we are on the Akeneo App Store, so your user knows that your extension is dedicated to Akeneo PIM. Please highlight the third party solution name in your extension name because that’s what Julia will be looking for.
Here, indicate your extension version.
- Our recommendation is to use semantic versioning for your extension:
- Please don’t add a “V” letter before your version: we will add it automatically.
Here, indicate a short description of your extension.
- This short description will be visible when displaying the extensions in list mode.
- This short description is in full-text mode only (no layout, no links, no images)
- This short description needs to be … short, no more than a couple of sentences.
- Our recommendation: write a punchy catch phrase that explains in a very impactful way what your extension does.
Here, indicate a functional description of your extension meant for Julia.
- Do not confuse the "Documentation" and "Description" parts of your extension.
- This description is mainly for Julia. It should give her a global and complete overview of your extension.
- This part should only contain functional information:
- What software does your extension interconnect with?
- What are the main features of your extension?
- What are the main benefits Julia will get from your extension?
- What are the known limitations of your extension?
- It is possible to format your description (rich text): do not hesitate to add titles to separate your text, links to redirect to a page of your website, and some images to illustrate your point.
Here, indicate an introduction to your complete documentation, mainly for Peter.
- Use this space as an introduction to your online documentation available on your website if it exists.
- If you do not have an online documentation but a PDF, we suggest you use the next field (Documentation files) to upload your documentation. Please introduce this documentation file with a short text.
- If you don't have any documentation about your extension, we invite you to create one on our Akeneo App Store using this field.
- Our recommendation: your online documentation should contain all your functional and technical information:
- A download or install process for your extension
- A complete list of all PIM data/features managed by your extension
- All configuration capabilities of your extension
- A complete end-user documentation
- A list of known limits of your extension (e.g: the limits of your extension in terms of scalability and performance)
- A quick overview of your public roadmap
- A description of your support service (with SLA)
URL of your App
If you declared that your extension is an App, you must feel out these 2 fields:
- Activate URL
- Callback URL
Please consult our dedicated documentation if you don't know what "Activate" and "Callback" URLs are.
Use this field if your documentation is a PDF file.
Here, indicate all the history of your extension versions.
- Do not hesitate to give all the details of your fixes/modifications on your extension
- If you add or modify a feature, please add a link to the associated documentation
Here, upload a logo/an image that represents your extension.
- The optimal size of this image should be 1140x900 pixels.
- This image will be displayed on the extension list (in a category) or as a search result. This image will also be displayed as the first image of your image gallery on your extension details.
Here, upload some screenshots of your extension.
- The optimal image size of these screenshots should be 1140x900 pixels.
- These screenshots are very important: they allow Julia and Peter to understand the scope and features of your extension at a glance.
- Do not hesitate to take a screenshot of your UI, your configuration capabilities, etc.
- Remember: a good picture is better than a long speech!
- Our recommendation: 8 pictures max
Add your extension to an Akeneo App Store category.
- Please, select only 1 category (we're going to limit to only 1 category in a near future)
Akeneo editions & versions
Here, indicate the PIM editions/versions compatibility of your extension.
- Please make sure you have tested your extension with this PIM edition/version before listing it on our Akeneo App Store.
- Our users filter on the PIM version they are using to find the extensions they could install, so make sure to stay up-to-date!
- If you do not have access to a test platform corresponding to the PIM edition/version, please contact us.
Third party software name/editions/versions
Indicate the third-party software editions/versions compatibility of your extension here.
- Please make sure you have tested your extension with this software edition/version before listing it on our Akeneo App Store.
Indicate your business model here.
- You can choose between 3 options: “Free”, “Fixed price” and “Quote based”.
- Related to your previous choice, please fill in the corresponding contextual fields.
Here, indicate how a user can contact you if they have a question or need support.
- We offer 2 capabilities:
- If you don’t have a support form, our Akeneo App Store can manage this feature. The user support request will be sent to your email address.
- If you have an online support form, our Akeneo App Store can redirect the user to your website.